A Witches Guide To Essential Oils
As you may well know essential oils are a direct extension of living plants. Some plants are poisonous, and as such, some oils can be harmful to humans and pets.
These essential oils should not be used no matter what.
Great with that out of the way we can move on to the ways oils should and should not be used.
1. Never take essential oils orally
2. An Aromatherapist that is licensed should be consulted if you are dealing with anyone with heart disease or high blood pressure.
3. Never use essential oils on infants and watch your use carefully with children.
4. Never apply citrus oils or angelica if you are going out into direct sunlight.
5. If you have sensitive skin or are prone to allergic reactions do yourself a favor and perform a skin test on the inside of the elbow and wait 24 hours before use.
Essential Oils Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women Need To Avoid.
The following herbs have been known to cause uterine contractions that can lead to miscarriage. Also, make sure to not ingest these herbs even in the form of a tea while pregnant.
Also, it's important to note that Fragrance oils should be carefully observed and make sure to speak with your doctor.